Nariman Dzhelyal and the Akhtemov brothers will remain in custody until July 26
At least until July 26, Nariman Dzhelyal, deputy head of the Crimean Tatar People's Mejlis, and Aziz and Asan Akhtemov will remain behind bars. The occupying Kyivsky district court of Simferopol made the decision.
Lawyer Nikolai Polozov reported about it to Suspilne Crimea.
The term of extension of detention was six months from the date of receipt of the case to the "court" - January 26th. Thus, they will remain in custody until July 26th.
"They are in good condition and ready to fight. In the main process we will see how it all develops", - Polozov said.
The "court" has set a new hearing date. The main hearing will take place on March 3 at 10 a.m.
What is known
- On International Mother Language Day, which is commemorated on February 21, an online dictation in the Crimean Tatar language will be held. It will be dedicated to Kremlin political prisoners Nariman Dzhelyal and the Akhtemov brothers.
- The wives of Nariman Dzhelal and the Akhtemov brothers published a letter asking human rights activists and journalists to support the political prisoners.
- On September 3 and 4, five Crimean Tatars were detained in Simferopol and Yevpatoria - businessman Eldar Odamanov, brothers Aziz and Asan Akhtemov, Shevket Useinov, and deputy head of the Crimean Tatar People's Mejlis Nariman Dzhelyal on suspicion of blowing up a gas pipeline in the village of Perevalne.
- On September 6, the occupying "court" arrested the detained Crimean Tatars.
- On September 22, Nariman Dzhelyalov's charges were reclassified as sabotage in an organized group punishable by 12 to 20 years in prison. He is accused of illegal acquisition, transfer, storage of explosives as part of an organized group.
- On November 8, Nariman Dzhelyal was charged with new accusations of "smuggling an explosive device."
- On December 3, the occupation court in Crimea dismissed an appeal against the arrest of Nariman Dzhelyal.
Follow us on Telegram