The occupiers worked out refueling in the air in occupied Crimea
As part of tactical flight training, the occupying military, crews of Su-30SM fighters and Su-24M front-line bombers practiced refueling from a tanker in the air over occupied Crimea.
This was reported by the press service of the occupying Southern Military District.
It is noted that refueling of combat vehicles in the air was provided by the crew of the IL-78 refueling aircraft.
According to the occupation agencies, refueling exercises in the air were carried out alternatively within the permissible minimum and maximum height limits. The distance between the planes during refueling did not exceed 10-12 meters.
In total, two pairs of Su-30SM and Su-24M from the naval aviation and air defense units of the occupying Black Sea Fleet of Russia were involved in the event.
What is known
- The commander of the Joint Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Sergey Nayev, said that 32.5 thousand Russian servicemen were currently in occupied Crimea. He also listed military equipment on the peninsula.
- In 2020, the annual strategic command and staff exercises of the Russian Armed Forces "Caucasus 2020" will be held in the border areas with Ukraine and in occupied Crimea.
- Vadym Skibitsky, a spokesman for Ukraine's Main Intelligence Directorate, said that the Russian Caucasus 2020's strategic military exercises would focus on a large number of weapons and military equipment at many training grounds, including in occupied Crimea and in the Southern Military District of the Russian Armed Forces.
- Bilateral battalion tactical training with units of the army corps of the occupying Black Sea Fleet of Russia has begun in Crimea.
- At the Opuk range, the Russian military conducted exercises using missile firing at a naval target.
- On the territory of occupied Crimea, Russia illegally conducted military exercises with the participation of the southern military district and the naval aviation of the Black Sea Fleet.