The US and Great Britain agreed to jointly counter Russia's ongoing aggression against Ukraine
Foreign ministers of the United States and Great Britain, Antony Blinken and Dominic Raab, agreed to join forces in the fight against the Russian threat. In London, officials discussed the possibility of counteraction. They will announce a common position in support of Ukraine amid the latest Russian escalation.
They stated this on May 3 during a briefing following the talks in London, Ukrinform reported.
Thus, the British Foreign Secretary said that the meeting discussed the constant concerns about Russia, in particular, the situation on the border with Ukraine. Raab stressed the need to counter aggressive intentions.
The US Secretary of State thanked the United Kingdom for joining the United States in bringing Russia to justice. Blinken called for increased pressure on Moscow and joint assistance to Ukraine.
What is known
- US Secretary of State, Antony Blinken, plans to meet with the President of Ukraine in Kyiv on May 5-6. The new deputy for political affairs, Victoria Nuland, will arrive together with the official.
- The American diplomat plans to personally reaffirm the unwavering support of the United States for Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity in the face of Russia's ongoing aggression.
- US Ambassador to the UN, Linda Thomas-Greenfield, said at a briefing at the UN on March 10, the United States would never recognize Russia's occupation of Crimea and would continue to hold it accountable for aggression in eastern Ukraine.
- The United States is ready to cooperate with Ukraine to create a platform for the de-occupation of Crimea.
- British Ambassador to Ukraine, Melinda Simmons, assured that the country never recognizes the fictitious "referendum" of the Russian Federation in Crimea, which is disrespectful to Ukrainian and international norms.