Participants of the second Bakhchisaray group will be sentenced to 15 to 20 years - Kurbetdinov
Lawyer Emil Kurbetdinov is sure that the participants of the second Bakhchisarai group "Hizb ut-Tahrir case" will be sentenced to the term requested by prosecutor Yevhen Kolpikov.
Emil Kurbetdinov, a lawyer involved in the second Bakhchisarai group of the Hizb ut-Tahrir case, spoke about this life on the Public Crimea.
"I expect that there will be such a sentence and such terms, which were requested by the prosecution - the military prosecutor's office, i.e. it will be terms from 15 to 20 years in a strict regime colony. We are sure of this, this is a practice concerning to the Crimean Tatars. This is likely to be the verdict", - said Kurbetdinov.
He noted that only the acquittal would satisfy the defence. Any other verdict will be appealed by a lawyer to international courts.
What is known
- On Wednesday, on 16 of September, at 15:00, the court of the Russian city of Rostov-on-Don will announce the verdict to the participants of the second Bakhchisaray group "Hizb ut-Tahrir case".
- On 26 of August 2020, the Southern District Military Court held a preliminary hearing of the second Bakhchisaray group "Hizb ut-Tahrir case", and on 31st August, prosecutor Yevgeny Kolpikov invited a Russian court to sentence the defendants to long terms imprisonment from 15 to 21 years.
- On 11 of October 2017, in occupied Bakhchisarai, "employees" of the occupying FSB detained six Crimean Tatars - Timur Ibragimov, Marlen (Suleiman) Asanov, Memet Belyalov, Seyran Saliyev, Server Zekiryaev and Ernes Ametov.
- A year later, on 21st of May, 2018, the occupiers detained Edem Smailov and Server Mustafayev in their homes and arrested him in the same criminal case.
- All detainees were arrested by the decision of the occupying Kyiv District Court and have been in pre-trial detention for about 3 years.